Our 20th Anniversary is coming up next year – and it should be GREAT! Come to our first rehearsal at 7:00 PM on Thursday, September 14, 2017!
Come sit in on a rehearsal and see what all the fun is about. Or better yet, join us! Our first rehearsal is at 7 p.m. on Thursday September 14, 2017. It will be held in the sanctuary of the St. Andrew United Church of Christ, 6908 Beneva Rd., Sarasota, FL 34238. If you have any questions about singing with Diversity, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity is a dedicated and varied group of people who love to sing and love the company of other singers. We are a volunteer choral ensemble of all cultural backgrounds and abilities. The organization is committed to fostering an environment of professionalism, respect, pride and unity. Members are welcome regardless of sexual orientation. Diversity is committed to creating and maintaining a loving and supportive group of gay and gay-friendly persons with a common goal of singing for and reaching out to the community.
Basic Membership Information
- Rehearsals are held most Thurdays at 7:00 pm at St. Andrew United Church of Christ, 6908 Beneva Road, Sarasota.
- Seasons run from September to December and January to May.
- Diversity performs one major concert each season in May and December and may make additional appearances throughout the year.
- Dues are required and are currently $150.00 for the year or $75.00 for the season. There is also a refundable music deposit of $15.00.
- Each chorus member is responsible for acquiring whatever concert attire is specified for any given performance. We realize many of our singers are on a budget and we strive to find the best looking wardrobe at the most reasonable cost.
No Auditions Required!
The ability to read music is not a requirement – audio learning tracks are available to all chorus members.
If you are not sure of what vocal part you would be best suited to, our artistic director, Jon, will spend a few moments with you to determine where you will be most comfortable.